Generating New Passwords in IOS?

Options
RobDMB
RobDMB
Community Member

Is there an easy way to use the Password generator in an app (safari, etc.) in iOS? Seems when you click the 1Password inline button it just brings up your existing password with no way to generate a new one. Seems the only way to generate a new one is to exit your program, open 1Password App, go to login, edit, then use the password generator there, copy it and go back to app. Am I missing something?

Also, I have been noticing some sync issues. Seems at times the iOS app will hang and not sync with other instances where you have to force quit the app and it will start syncing again.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @RobDMB,

If you’re using the 1Password extension in these apps and want to generate a new password for your existing login item:

• Open the Share sheet
    • Launch 1Password
    • Tap the i next to the item you want to change
    • Tap Edit
    • Tap “Generate New Password”

As for the sync issues... what service are you using to sync your data? What version of 1Password do you have on each device that you’re syncing? Could you define what you mean by ‘hang’?

Ben

• RobDMB
    RobDMB
    Community Member
    Options

Could you clarify what the 1Password extension is for iOS? I am aware of desktop browser extensions but not clear what the extension is for iOS? Also, what is the “Share Sheet”. Thanks.

For Sync issues, I am using the latest iOS versions through the App Store w/ 1password account. For example, I have noticed a few times that I have added items on my iPad. Then when I got to my iPhone, I notice that those new items have not synced and do not appear. If I force quit the program on my ipad and reopen it then the items typically sync.

• Ben
    Options

You can read about the extension on iOS here:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone and iPad

Please try this:

• Create a new item on the iPad and save it
    • See if the newly created item appears

If the item does appear then it seems the iPad is syncing as expected, and the problem may be on the iPhone. Please let me know how that turns out and we can troubleshoot from there.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.