I am unable to open 1Password

EricZ
EricZ
Community Member

I recently updated to MacOS Majave and am using version 3.8.22 of 1password. I am unable to open it. When I type in the password the app just disappears.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am unable to open 1Password

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

1PW3 is s old I am not surprised if it doesn't work in Mojave. You really do need to upgrade, either by buying a new licence or by subscribing.

• EricZ
    EricZ
    Community Member

How do I do that and keep all of my saved passwords?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @EricZ! Like @danco, I'm unsurprised that 3.8.22 doesn't work at all in macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”). To upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac (the most-current version), you'll need to follow these instructions. Let us know if you have any questions or run into any difficulties. :)

• EricZ
    EricZ
    Community Member

These instructions say that I should open the app with my master password. I can't do that. When i type in the master password the app closes.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@EricZ - if you're unable to open 1Password 3 for Mac, you'll need to just do what you can from those instructions. The main reason to open the app is to run a backup, which you probably don't need to do, if you had been running version 3 regularly prior to upgrading to macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”) -- 1Password makes regular backups of your data for you anyway, so this was mostly just a precaution and to make sure you had the most-recent data captured. Go ahead and continue by deleting the 1Password 3 for Mac application, and pick up with the directions from there. You'll need to find your existing 1Password data file (will have the .agilekeychain file-type), but you should be good to go from there.

• EricZ
    EricZ
    Community Member

ok I will give it a try.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@EricZ - let us know how you get on. :)

• EricZ
    EricZ
    Community Member

I do not have a key in my browser, so I am unable to do the sales login.

• EricZ
    EricZ
    Community Member

False login.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@EricZ - I'm sorry? I don't understand your last two posts. Can you clarify/elaborate, please?

This discussion has been closed.