Different domain/username but requires the same passwrod

andmade
andmade
Community Member

Hi team,

I'm wondering if you can help with this particular case. My university has a login system that it uses across most of its services and domains. I've added websites as need to the one 1P entry I have for the login and it works great. However, for their Gsuite, though the password is synced with the main login system (meaning I cannot change the Gsuite password itself), the username is different. I've just dealt with this by having the Gsuite login be separate from the university one, but this causes Watchtower to flag the accounts with duplicate passwords. I've been going through trying to address any Watchtower issues, but wasn't sure how to resolve this one.

1Password Version: 7.2.2 Beta4
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: macOS 10.14 / Mojave
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@andmade - right now, you can't. If the usernames are different but the passwords are the same, then by the internal logic 1Password 7 for Mac uses to determine what constitutes a re-used password, you DO have a re-used password in this case. We've actually added several refinements to the Reused Passwords feature that are already in beta and will be included (barring anything unusual) in the upcoming 7.2.2 update...but even they wouldn't address this issue. What I will do is pass along your use-case to the developers, who are considering the possibility of a feature to suppress individual instances such as this one. I can't say you'll see such a thing for sure, because there are significant downsides to any way we might implement such a feature, depending on how it's done. But if there's enough interest and we can figure out a way to do it consistently in both cross-platform situations and multi-user shared setups such as 1Password Families or 1Password Teams accounts, we may do it. Thanks for sharing. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.