1Password mini is always opened on the second screen (Multiple monitors issue)

Options
koraykupe
koraykupe
Community Member

Hi,

I use one extra monitor (1 Macbook + 1 monitor setup) and when I click to 1Password icon, 1Password mini is always opened on the other screen.
Is there a way to change this behaviour? I'd show it on the same screen with the browser.

Regards

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: 1password account

Comments

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    Options

I didn't want to create another topic for that, but the 1Password mini is also very big and should be positioned better (maybe at the bottom left of the extension icon).

I resize it, but next time it happens big again. Depending on the screen resolution, it covers 30% - 40% of the page.

I'd expect to see a more compact view.

Do you have any plan to reshape of the 1Password's design? (I don't know how to call the extension window. It was 1Password Mini on the previous versions, but not mentioned anymore. There are two windows. One main app, one extension window)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@koraykupe - I'm sorry for the inconvenience. The issue with multiple monitor positioning of the mini is addressed in the current beta, so it should be available for your use in the stable channel soon. Regarding the mini's positioning, you can grab near the very top of the window and drag it to wherever you'd like on the screen. It should remember where you last left it. Hope that helps! :)

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Lars I enable "Include beta builds" and click check now, but it says "You are up to date". After I click the preferences and then open it again, the "Include beta builds" becomes unchecked automatically. How can I fix it? I just want to try the beta builds.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@koraykupe - are you using macOS 10.13 (“High Sierra”) or macOS 10.12 (“Sierra”)? If so, that'll be the reason; version 7.2 will force a change to the newer Safari App Extension that's required by Safari 12. If you're still using Safari 11 or earlier as well as earlier macOS, then upgrading to 7.2 of 1Password or later will make it impossible for you to use 1Password in Safari because Safari 11 requires the older extension and 7.2 uses the newer one for Safari 12. If you're on macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”), you'll get the update notification to 1Password for Mac 7.2 and beyond because Safari 12 is shipped with Mojave. But if you're still on an earlier version of macOS, then you won't get the update notification because Safari 12 is still an optional download on those earlier versions of macOS.

You can download version 7.2.1 (most recent stable release of 1Password for Mac) directly from our downloads page, and once that's installed, you should be able to select the beta builds option. But it's been temporarily disabled for those still on High Sierra or Sierra.

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    Options

My current setup:

MacOS 10.14
    Chrome 70.0.3
    1Password 7.2.1

I generally use Chrome, not Safari. Tried again, but nothing changed.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@koraykupe - are you able to download 7.2.1 from our downloads page? If so, then please Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu) and run the installer. After that, try enabling beta builds again.

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    Options

Actually, I already installed it on your website 2 days ago but still did the instructions. I quitted completely, downloaded the installer and installed it again but didn't work.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@koraykupe - please download 7.2.2.BETA-4 directly from this link and install it. Make sure you Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu) first. Let me know how that works for you.

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    Options

This time it worked. Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@koraykupe - glad to hear it! :)

This discussion has been closed.