1Password for macOS does not work with any browsers since your update a couple weeks ago.

joshdyck
joshdyck
Community Member

1Password for mac just asks me to install the browser plugins and does not interact with browsers anymore. This is really a pain because I use multiple browsers on a daily basis and I have to sign in over and over and over for each browser. It's no good having one password if I have to enter my 1Password every 2 minutes because I cannot use 1App to control them all. Please let me know how I can restore the functionality of the macOS 1Password App. I don't want to use 1Password X browser extensions they are a very inefficient for my workflow. The plugin popups also block my UI now which is devastating to my design workflow. I want to turn off the 1Password X and use macOS instead. How can I do this?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password for Mac Does not interact with my browsers anymore

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Please give more details. What OS, what version of 1PW. And what browsers.

Also, it's not clear to me whether you have tried installing the extensions and they haven't worked, or if you haven't installed them.

There are issues with Safari extensions, due to changes by Apple, but it should not be difficult to deal with those.

I'll leave detailed comments to AgileBits staff (I'm just a user).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@joshdyck: Indeed, unfortunately without the basic information you omitted from your post it's impossible to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

However, if you're using 1Password X, keep in mind that runs entirely in the browser and cannot integrate with the desktop app. You'd need to install the desktop extension for that. Anyway, the more information you can give, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

• joshdyck
    joshdyck
    Community Member

I am using the latest 1Password for macOS and I have the extensions installed in all browsers I run including Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. The issues persist in all browsers. I'm hoping I can use the desktop extension and remove the 1Password X. I think it prompted me to upgrade to 1Password X at some point so I thought the desktop extension was gone. Glad to see it is not gone!! Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@joshdyck - indeed, the "traditional" (i.e. - non 1Password X) extension is alive and well. You can visit our downloads page to grab a copy of any of the versions for your various browsers -- with the exception of Safari, which is built-in to the app itself, as of 1Password 7 for Mac, version 7.2. Let us know if you have any further questions/issues.

This discussion has been closed.