Can't login using 1Password after upgrading to Mojave

Options
allan3089
allan3089
Community Member

I upgraded to Mojave on the MacBook, and was able to login to various sites with 1Password yesterday, but now all I get is the following error message:

The operation couldn’t be completed. /Users/allan3089/Library/Application Scripts/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/1Password_Autosubmit.scpt:36:52: execution error: Not authorized to send Apple events to System Events. (-1743)

Any idea what the problem is and how I can fix it?

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14 Mojave
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• allan3089
    allan3089
    Community Member
    Options

Solved the problem. I removed the auto logon feature in /preferences/browser and the problem went away. Thanks and please remove this post if necessary.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Yes, a change by Apple has removed the possibility of logging in automatically. 1PW still auto-fills for you, but you then have to press Return to submit.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@allan3089 - auto-submit as a feature was removed by us in response to changes Apple made in macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”) and Safari 12. The mechanism we used to effect auto-submit was a small script that simulated the press of the return/enter key. This is what Apple removed the ability to do in Safari 12, so we removed the option to auto-submit in version 7.2. But that means if you're still rocking 6.8.x, and you therefore still have the option to TRY auto-submit, it will fail at the system-error level, which is what you experienced. As you discovered, shutting that feature off will remove the problem. :)

• allan3089
    allan3089
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent - thank you both Danco and Lars - appreciate the explanation. Time for me to upgrade!

• allan3089
    allan3089
    Community Member
    Options

Final questions - Lars you mentioned the issue is resolved in version 7.2, but the latest release available for Mac is 6.8.9. I'm currently on 6.8.8 and the .9 version only indicates it provides an update for Opera. No problem as I unticked the auto-submit feature, but is there a newer version available that I'm not seeing?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

1PW7 has been available for some time now. If you are on a subscription, all upgrades are included. If you are on a licence it is a paid upgrade. If you bought from the App Store, 1PW7 is subscription only.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@allan3089 - the reason you're not seeing an update is that - as @danco mentioned - 1Password 7 for Mac is not an update for version 6, it's an entirely separate, new version. It will not have auto-submit, so the issue is "resolved" in that way, I suppose. You can download version 7 from our downloads page, but remember it requires either the purchase of a new license to use version 7 or a 1password.com membership (which has many advantages). Let us know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.