Old version not syncing for more than two weeks

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Problem syncing master Password on a Mac Mini running High Sierra.

Comments

• Amos1
    Amos1
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using 1 Password version 6.8.9. on my Macbook pro 15" and version 7.2.1. on my iPhone 5c. The two softwares work together quite well, they sync regularly, but no cyncronization has been registered as "done" on the cell for over 15 days. Has macOS Mojave anything to do with this? Waiting gratifully for any suggestion.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm using 1 Password version 6.8.9. on my Macbook pro 15" and version 7.2.1. on my iPhone 5c. The two softwares work together quite well, they sync regularly, but no cyncronization has been registered as "done" on the cell for over 15 days. Has macOS Mojave anything to do with this? Waiting gratifully for any suggestion.

@Amos1: I'm not sure what this has to do with the current discussion, but then again I don't understand what you mean by "no cyncronization has been registered as 'done'". Can you elaborate?

• Amos1
    Amos1
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: Sorry if I my query had little or nothing to do with this discussion. Anyway, you kindly responded and here's an example of what I meant. I register – say – a new secure note in 1P Mac; after a while I want to make sure that the new note is also in 1P iPhone: yes, the devices did sync. The point is that, according to the page "synchronization" of the cellphone, the "last synchronization" was not a while ago, but, as to today, "18 days ago". This does not change even if in the previous page I press "synchronize now". Hope this clarifies a bit. Thanks brent, for you patience.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Amos1: No worries. Just want to make sure we're on the same page, and it helps to clarify if we're talking about different things. What OS versions are you using on your devices?

• Amos1
    Amos1
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: I'm using macOS Mojave (and 1 Password 6.8.9. on my Macbook pro 15" and 7.2.1. on my iPhone 5c). Thanks again, Brenty, very kind of you. M.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Amos1: Sure thing! I've split you off into a separate discussion so we can focus on your issue. :)

I appreciate the additional info, but I'm a little bit confused. the iPhone 5c cannot update past iOS 10.3.3. And that would limit you to 1Password 6.8.9 there. Can you double check for me what you're running on that?

• Amos1
    Amos1
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: no doubt, my iPhone 5c runs on iOS 12.0.1 (am I being priviged by Apple?!)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Amos1: I think you mean 5 S. 5c is 32-bit. It can't run iOS 11 or 12.

Anyway, what sync method are you using in 1Password on each device?

• Amos1
    Amos1
    Community Member
    Options

@brent As to my iPhone, you're certainly right I’ve always thought it was a "c" !!! I usually sync in 1Password on the phone.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Amos1: No worries. Just want to make sure I'm talking about what you're actually using -- especially since you'd be using very different versions on an older device. :)

Regarding sync, it will be one of the options listed here:

Sync your 1Password data

Please verify which one you have setup on each device and let me know.

• Amos1
    Amos1
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: Both devices are set to sync via server Wlan. Thanks again.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Amos1 - OK. Is it possible your iPhone has been set to carrier data, instead of Wi-Fi? If so, there will be no sync possible because the devices are not on the same network. If that's not the issue, I'd recommend following the troubleshooting steps in this guide. Let us know how you get on! :)

• Amos1
    Amos1
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars: In both devices the Wi-Fi symbol is present together with WLAN (in the page reporting the sync method). I'm not properly sound and fit these days, so I cannot and will not keep trying to resolve this minor problem. After all, what matter is that the 2 machines sync, and they usually do sync quite well. Thanks a lot to you and Brenty for your kind attention. M.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Amos1 - if you're worries about sync consistency using WLAN and you don't have the time/inclination to hunt down what might be the cause of it, a 1password.com membership provides rock-solid syncing and numerous other benefits. Just a thought for you -- it's by far the most reliable and hassle-free method of using 1Password today.

This discussion has been closed.