Feature request: 2FA settings per Vault

Options
nferch
nferch
Community Member

Hi,

It'd be awesome if you could apply 2FA settings on a per-vault basis, rather than account. Here is my use case:

The majority of my items I'm fine with single factor authentication-- they're either for sites I'm not overly concerned about, or sites that have their own multifactor authentication mechanism.

There are others that are a bit more sensitive, passphrases for things like GPG keys, API keys, and the like. I'd like to require 2FA for these items, but not the less-sensitive sites.

So what I would like is to be able to access my main vault without 2FA, and only be prompted for 2FA when accessing the sensitive vault.

My workaround at the moment is to create a separate account under our family plan that requires 2FA. The disadvantages of this is that it requires a seat in our family plan, and a bit of a dance to log out of my normal account and log in to the the 2FA-protected account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nferch - thanks for describing your use-case, and for the suggestion. I will pass it along to the development team, even though I don't think it's something we're likely to pursue at this point, given the complexity involved and the relatively tiny number of times we've heard this request (I've heard it exactly twice, now).

The disadvantages of this is that it requires a seat in our family plan...

Not if you invite this "person" as a guest, it doesn't. Guests get access to only a single vault, but unless these items you're talking about span multiple vaults, it shouldn't matter. That's about the best I can offer you at present, as far as suggestions go.

• nferch
    nferch
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars makes sense, thanks for passing it along!

I will give your suggestion a shot, it sounds like it will work for my use case.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nferch - glad I was able to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.