1Password Mini syncing problem after updating to Mojave

rstander
rstander
Community Member

I have 1Password Version 6.8.8 (688001), syncing through Dropbox. I updated to Mojave and now I'm getting regular notifications from 1Password Mini:
1Password Sync
Problem detected
Update preferences
Clicking on "update preferences" in the notification doesn't do anything, so I went to the Preferences menu within 1Password and looked at Sync. It's set up to sync through Dropbox, as before, and shows the last sync happened an hour ago. Not sure what else to do here to get syncing back. I have the latest version of the Dropbox app (60.4.107).

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Mojave 10.14
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @rstander! I'm sorry for the trouble. Please restart 1Password for Mac and Dropbox (or just logout of your user account, then back in), and see if the problem persists. Let me know what you discover! :)

• rstander
    rstander
    Community Member

Hi Lars,

I tried unlinking my Dropbox account and quitting out of 1Password. Then I restarted my computer, relinked Dropbox and re-opened 1Password. And just got the same notification from 1Password Mini about a sync problem.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rstander - OK, thanks for checking that. I can't be certain, but I'd wager that either your Dropbox app is out of date, or you're using an older .agilekeychain format for sync (or trying to). Make sure Dropbox is up to date, and then if your vault(s) are in the older Agile Keychain format on Dropbox, try these instructions to convert to the newer OPVault format. Make sure you do this with ALL vaults, if you have more than one. Let me know how that goes for you. :)

• rstander
    rstander
    Community Member

Thanks Lars. Dropbox is definitely up to date (double checked!) so I'll try the steps to convert to the OPVault format.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rstander - let us know what happens. :) :+1:

• rstander
    rstander
    Community Member

Converting to OPVault format seems to have done the trick -- I haven't gotten any more notifications since doing that. Thanks for your help @Lars!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rstander - excellent! Glad I was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.