I just upgraded to macOS Mojave and the TouchID is not available anymore.

spikeone
spikeone
Community Member

I uninstalled and reinstalled the browser extensions already. The option to enable is is there, but it never pops up in the app itself.
I also removed and re-added my fingerprints in TouchID.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:TouchID is not available after upgrading to macOS Mojave.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@spikeone: I'm sorry to hear that. We've had reports that upgrading or migrating to a new Mac has caused some issues with the Keychain and Secure Enclave settings there (which Touch ID support relies on). Can you tell me the specific steps you took leading up to this problem, and the exact error(s) you're receiving?

• spikeone
    spikeone
    Community Member

Disabled TouchID on the system and 1password, rebooted, re-setup touchid, no luck.
    Removed browser extensions, re-installed. No luck.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@spikeone - Can you tell me the specific steps you took leading up to this problem, and the exact error(s) you're receiving?

• spikeone
    spikeone
    Community Member

All was fine, then I upgraded to Mojave, and on the first boot after that, touchid was gone from 1password, but it works for unlocking the screen etc just fine.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@spikeone: Sorry, but I still have the same question, since you didn't answer it:

Can you tell me the specific steps you took leading up to this problem, and the exact error(s) you're receiving?

Also, what type of Mac were you running previous to Mojave, and what model are you using now? Thanks!

• spikeone
    spikeone
    Community Member

I was running the latest release of High Sierra before the upgrade. I'm on the same machine, a 2017 Macbook Pro 15".

I don't get error messages, it's just that the touchid option to open 1password never appears anymore. It is enabled in 1pass preferences and in the system preferences and works to unlock the screen, instal software etc.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@spikeone: Thank you! That's very helpful. The only thing I'm aware of that could help in that case is resetting the Keychain. It may be best to contact Apple for assistance. though. Only do this if you have a full backup:

1. Backup your Mac fully so you can restore from it if something goes wrong
    2. Open Terminal and enter this command: sudo mv ~/Library/Keychains ~/Desktop
    3. Then restart the Mac

Otherwise you'll need to get help from Apple.

This discussion has been closed.