hi I got a new computer and 1password6 and got the chrome plugin but it is not clicking

caszka
caszka
Community Member

I only have a grey 1password and it shows a menu that says desktop app required.

But I already have the desktop app for 1password6 working. It connects to dropbox just fine.

So I downloaded 1password7 but its asking for more money so I don't want to use it and now my 1password6 no longer works or opens. Just has a ! on it now.

and the 1password7 has no passwords in it!

Everything is destroyed and I can't delete 1password7

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:hi I got a new computer and 1password6 and got the chrome plugin but it is not clicking

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@caszka: You didn't include any of the requested version information, so to clarify, are you talking about 1Password or Mac? You've posted in the iOS category of the forum, so I want to be sure.

If you're using an iOS device, I don't know what you mean. But if you're using a Mac, it sounds like you just need to drag 1Password 7 to the Trash, restart the Mac, and then unzip 1Password 6 in in the /Applications folder and you should be all set.

Either way, if you need help with anything else, please be specific about what you're using and what you're having difficulty doing. :)

• caszka
    caszka
    Community Member

yes a brand new MAC OS Sierra

I just uninstalled 1password . The dragging doesn't work either, there is a whole process to uninstall by going to libraries and deleting. I had to google that...

Installing 1password6 now is easy but its the connecting to the google chrome that is not working for some reason?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@caszka: I'm not sure why you felt you needed to delete 1Password's support files, but as far as using 1Password in your browser, you just need to have the app and desktop extension installed:

https://support.1password.com/1password-extension/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• caszka
    caszka
    Community Member
    edited November 2018

i attached the screenshot

i reinstalled it and installed the chrome extention but its asking me for a desktop. is it because it doesn't work with 1password6?

its asking me to sign in where in 1password6 there was no sign in

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@caszka: I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you have the 1Password desktop app installed? I also don't see where you're being asked to sign in. Can you clarify?

• caszka
    caszka
    Community Member

I have the app installed and the chrome installed. But chrome asked me to sign in with email and I did that and now none of my password are in the chrome app. Only the desktop app? They dont talk to each other? How can I fix this? Is there anyone I can talk to?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@caszka: Signing into Chrome with a Google Account doesn't have anything to do with 1Password. If you have a 1Password.com membership, however, you can sign into that in the app in order to access the data 1Password account:

How to add your 1Password account to the apps

If you're having trouble with that, please be specific about the steps you're taking and where you're having difficulty. A screenshot would be great. Just make sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum.

This discussion has been closed.