Crashes whenever I try to enter Master Password in Program and Edge extention.

The App was working well for a few weeks with my Surface Pro, facial recognition was an easy way to sign in. But recently, the app only seems to crash every time I try to access my passwords through the app. Facial recognition no longer appears as an option and the app immediately vanishes the second I enter the Master Password on the desktop app and in the edge extension. The app seems to start fine, but I can not get past the first screen.

I really need access to all my passwords on all my devices and find this vary inconvenient. I am just about to exit my trial period and do not want to pay if this issue is going to continue. I would like to discuss having an extension for the free period due to the inconvenience. I will be charged tomorrow 10/31/18.

1Password Version: 7.2.58
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 1803
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@John_mcroskey: Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear you're having some crashes on your Surface. Without any details of the errors you're seeing it's going to be difficult to find a solution, but since I see you've also emailed us separate for some reason, I'll reply to you there shortly to get more information.

ref: CUA-97143-245

• John_mcroskey
    John_mcroskey
    Community Member

Very frustrating..have run out of my free trail period, and would not expect to pay if this situation cannot be remedied.
    It would be better if I could talk to support and possibly have them log into my computer and fix it.

• @John_mcroskey: I see @brenty replied to you via e-mail on Tuesday. Did you receive his e-mail? He specifically requested a diagnostics report to help us identify the source of the crash. Often different issues can have the same symptoms so looking at symptoms alone isn't always enough, but if you're running into the issue I think you are, the diagnostics should let us know right away what's going wrong. As an FYI, the instructions brenty sent you do say to unlock 1Password before generating the report, but that's not required. I know the app is crashing when you enter your Master Password, so just go ahead and skip that step. We'll still get everything we need.

If you didn't receive brenty's e-mail, of course, let me know and I'll have it resent. Also, feel free to drop a note here when you do send those diagnostics. I'd be happy to take a look myself to confirm my suspicions are correct and help get things fixed up. Thanks! :chuffed:

• John_mcroskey
    John_mcroskey
    Community Member

Forgive the delay. I Just sent the Diagnostic's Report to Support@1password.com

Please let me know As soon as possible how I can resolve this. Thank you for your time.

• No worries at all, @John_mcroskey! It turned out to be exactly what I thought it was, so you should have a fix waiting for you in your inbox. :chuffed:

• Pyotr_Giraffe
    Pyotr_Giraffe
    Community Member

I am having the same issue.

Crashes when unlocking the vault. As soon as I hit enter, instant crash. No errors, just closes. I've sent crash logs as prompted by the app. Windows 10 x64 1809,

The .NET event viewer log: https://pastebin.com/YhLij80r

My ticket: ZAX-51617-493 (doesn't really contain much info, however)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'll reply to you via email to get diagnostics from 1Password itself.

ref: ZAX-51617-493

• @Pyotr_Giraffe did you sign out of your last account/removed your last vault before problem started? If so, sorry for the trouble and please reset data as described here.

• Pyotr_Giraffe
    Pyotr_Giraffe
    Community Member

@SergeyTheAgile That worked, thank you. I do change OS/computers/etc often, must have been what caused it. Sorry if that derailed this thread. I thought maybe it was related.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

No worries. Just glad that all is well again after starting fresh. We're here if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.