Forms no longer auto submitting

Options

This has been a problem for at least a week or so, though I cannot remember exactly when it started happening. 1Password successfully fills the forms, but does not auto submit. If the site has only a single login, the form is filled automatically (No pop up). If the site has multiple log ins, the window pops up so that I can select the correct login, and once selected, it fills the form. But in neither of these cases does it submit the form, and this is happening across ALL of the sites in my vault.

This is in Chrome on MacOS and I'm using the Cmd+\ combo to activate 1Password.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: macOS 10.14
Sync Type: 1password cloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @anonymous_buffalo,

Starting in Mojave/Safari 12 Apple have removed the assistive function our submit feature relied on. What 1Password did was leave focus on a password field and then ask macOS to react as if the user had pressed the enter key. Sadly scenarios have been put forward where this feature could be misused and so for reasons of security Apple have had to tighten things up. It's a shame that it affected 1Password but I completely understand where Apple are coming from and why they had to do this. As a result we removed the submit after filling feature in 1Password 7.2 for Mac. 1Password will still leave focus on a filled password field so you should find that in the vast majority of cases all you will need to do is tap enter yourself. Hopefully you find as I do and that after a while you don't really notice the extra step.

• anonymous_buffalo
    anonymous_buffalo
    Community Member
    Options

Man that is really unfortunate. I have been just tapping enter after it fills, but I definitely do notice the extra step, still. Thanks for your response.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for understanding, @anonymous_buffalo!

This discussion has been closed.