To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

need security code

Options
sbuas
sbuas
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Memberships

i bought one password back in 2014. i use on my phone and desktop. i just upgraded my desktop and it looks like it wants me to re- buy and sign up for a service. i paid for a lifetime use not to be removed when i changed computers, what doi have to do to activate, i have my product key, but i dont have a security key.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018
    Options

@sbuas: If you purchased in 2014, you won't have a Secret Key. Similarly, licenses don't use those at all. It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from another device or create a new vault.

I've resent your license information via email, so just follow the instructions there to register the app. We have never offered a "lifetime" purchase option, but your license never expires; you can use the version you purchased for as long as you have a compatible device, and on as many as you own.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

I hope this helps. Either way, be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

ref: WXS-13461-591

• mcgeemw
    mcgeemw
    Community Member
    Options

I purchased 1Password from apple app store and have the receipt for it, but never received the activation code so I've never been able to use the full functionality (Pro) version offers. I have the receipt for when I purchased it and that I paid 49.95, but never received activation. Please help!

• Ben
    Options

Could you please check and let us know exactly what it was that you purchased? The Pro features for 1Password for iOS (which is what we refer to as “Pro”) have never been priced at $49.95. That sounds like a 1Password 6 for Mac standalone app purchase. Such purchases from the App Store do not have any sort of a license key, activiation code, etc. Instead purchases are tied to your Apple ID. To access your purchase you’d need to install 1Password 6 from the App Store while signed into the Apple ID you used to purchase:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support

Ben

This discussion has been closed.