Sync error

kakapo
kakapo
Community Member
edited November 2018 in Android

Been using 1password for 3 years or so. Then I was forced to convert my vault to opvault. Did this on my phone. So what it did was, after conversion it appeared to have synced 3months old data. Numerous items where lost, but did a restore from one of my windows clients and got most of the stuff back.

However, now none of my android devices can sync. Sync error, the data folder 1password is configured to sync with no longer exists. I've reinstalled, and cleared all data 3 times on 2 different devices but still same error.

I sync with dropbox.

I have no idea what to do at this point..

And I can't create a diagnostic report because I can't past the initial sync. Unless there is some other way?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @kakapo. Can you let us know what version of 1Password you're using on Windows? Also, if you go to the vault's sync settings on Windows, what path is shown there?

• kakapo
    kakapo
    Community Member

4.6.2.626 on windows, \dropbox\Vault\1Password.opvault

On android it says: 1password found your vault in dropbox: Vault/1Password.opvault

Using 7.0.7 on android

• kakapo
    kakapo
    Community Member

After some further testing. If i create a new opvault from my Windows client, it works fine to open it on Android. However, if i restore a backup to the same vault, it becomes inaccessible again from the Android client. So something in the restore process appears to break the vault for Android client.
    So I guess, what would work is, if i export all my logins to a csv file, create new vault, import from csv, I will most likely end up with a working vault for all my clients.

Im thinking if i should buy the standalone version 7 for windows, but i just want to be sure it works.

Can we expect any good deals for black friday in a couple weeks? :)

• Thanks for the info @kakapo. The standalone license is already offered at a discount, and I don't believe there will be any additional discounts for black Friday.

That said, it sounds like there's something wrong with the vault. If you select File > Repair Vault from 1Password on Windows, does it fix any files? Also, if you go to 1Password.opvault/data/default, do you see a file there called profile.js?

This discussion has been closed.