Browser Extension Does Not Get Cursor Focus

Hi, I tried combing the message boards, but couldn't figure out the best place to post this, and couldn't find anyone with my exact information, so I thought to make a new post.

Using Windows 10, Firefox Browser, when on any website (as best I can tell there's no special pages, but I can for sure it happened on Twitter.com this time), I will right click on the fill-box (usually "password", but sometimes "username") and select the 1password option from the context menu. The mini 1password extension window will appear with a blinking cursor AND there is a blinking cursor in the "password" box. If I begin to type, my typing is placed into the fill-box in the browser, not the 1password window.

I've had this happen multiple times, and I think it only happens if I already have a cursor in the fill-box when I right-click inside that same fill-box.

If I'm not paying attention, the result is that I start typing my master password plain-text into the browser.

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: 4.7..3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Home 10.0.17134 Build 17134
Sync Type: 1password
Referrer: forum-search:firefox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, sorry for the confusion there. It's not something we've been able to reproduce, but we have had other reports of cases where window focus is off. That unfortunately isn't something we have control over; all of that's handled by the OS. Windows should put the cursor in a background window, and it shouldn't even be possible for it to be in two places at once...but apparently that does happen for some people sometimes for some reason. So it's probably a good idea to make sure Windows has you entering text where you expect before you enter anything sensitive. And if you are able to consistently reproduce that, please let us know the exact steps!

This discussion has been closed.