Safari opens very slow with 1Password browser extension

CharlesS
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
I've seen other posts concerning this problem. And I've tried clearing the cache and rebuilding the datafile. Neither solves the problem. When I first open Safari it takes 10+ seconds to open with the extension installed. Without the extension it opens immediately. Once it is open, I can close Safari and reopen and it is pretty much immediate. If a period of time goes by, it reverts to a slow open. Any ideas on how I can resolve this?

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums, Charles!

Every once in a while we'll hear of a case like yours. It's usually the result of multiple add-ons "fighting" over the toolbar space. Could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? This will help us track down the issue more quickly. You can generate the report from 1Password by clicking the Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report... menu item and then sending the report to us at support@agile.ws using Mail.

Please include a link to this thread in your email message so that we can 'connect the dots'.
  • jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Hi, Charles. I notice that you have Evernote's extension installed and this has been known to cause problems. Try disabling the Evernote extension and see if that helps. (You can get most of Evernote's functionality by just dragging the URL from the browser address bar to the Evernote icon in the dock anyway.) Let us know how it turns out.
  • CharlesS
    edited December 1969
    I removed the Evernote extension but it still is slow to open. I sent another Diagnostic Report.
This discussion has been closed.