migrating from 1Password4 to 1Password7

Options
mwloring
mwloring
Community Member

I sent Brent this email as he was gratefully helping me but I'm stuck on this step in migrating my data from 1Password4 to 1Password7 for Families:

Here specifically is what happens implementing these steps: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/?windows#migrate-your-data-on-your-main-device

1. Sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
    Done.
  2. Click your account name in the top right and choose Get the Apps.
    Done
  3. Click “Add your account directly”. The 1Password app will open, and most of your account details are filled in automatically.
    Done
  4. Enter your Master Password and click Sign In.
    Done. But the attached file is the screen I get after clicking Sign In and there is no sign of “Transfer Items” button anywhere to complete the next step.

5. Click “Transfer items” then OK to confirm, and all your existing data, like passwords and secure notes, will be copied to your new account.

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:migrating from 1Password4 to 1Password7

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I replied to you via email earlier. Let's continue the conversation there. :)

ref: KJC-25824-422

In case it helps anyone else, 1Password 7 will not offer to migrate the data if there isn't any in the app yet. But an existing local vault can always be imported from the 1Password menu.

This discussion has been closed.