Starting 1P WIN causes 100% hard disk utilization

Whenever I launch 1P7 for WIN, my HDD spikes to 100% utilization for 2-3 minutes and seems to be being caused by 1P 7.2.5x. Can you help ? Thank you, Scott Hale

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: winDOWS 10
Sync Type: dROPbOX

Comments

• MikeT
    edited October 2018

Hi @shale999,

Thanks for writing in.

Yes, we will help you fix this. We're not aware of any current issue in 1Password 7.2 that would cause that kind of a spike, so this will require some investigation on your PC to see what's happening.

You said 2-3 minutes, do you mean it calms down and you can use it after that? If yes, that means we can get a diagnostics report while 1Password is running. Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• shale999
    shale999
    Community Member

Hi, I grabbed a perfmon screen shot of what happens when 1P launches, either the desktop interface, or the web browser extension - you can see the 1p-sqlite process kicks-off every time and drives HDD in 100% utilization - any ideas ? I disabled the Watchtower feature that seemed to make a slight difference, but the program is still killing my system on launch, it kicks off a bunch of journal process tat wipe out my system-

• shale999
    shale999
    Community Member

I also sent in the diag report via email tonight, thanks - Scott

• Thanks, @shale999! I've found you're e-mail, so we'll take a look at those diagnostics and get back with you as soon as we can. :+1:

ref: IRS-57699-783

• shale999
    shale999
    Community Member

I have not heard back from anyone on this - thank you, shale999.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @shale999,

Sorry for the delay with our response! I will ask my team to take a closer look at the report you've shared and we will try to reply to your email today. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.