I migrated to 1password 7.. Can I now just delete the 1password file/folder I have on dropbox?

Options
sarahros
sarahros
Community Member

I migrated some months ago to 1password 7 (now 7.2.2). Everything seems to be working smoothly. I'm not sure I fully understand what I had before but I think version 7 means I no longer sync to dropbox. Can I now safely just delete the 1password file/folder I have on dropbox?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I migrated to 1password 7. Can I now just delete the 1password file/folder I have on dropbox?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @sarahros! If you chose to also sign up for and migrate to a 1password.com account during the upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac, then you may want to be a bit careful about how you go about this. You can check by opening Preferences > Vaults and seeing what you have in there. If there's a vault called Primary and also a vault called Personal or Private, then that's what you did. However, since it's been "some months" since you did this, the caution centers around the possibility that you may have been updating data in either or both of these vaults. You can - and should - remove the now-redundant Primary vault...but not until you're sure you haven't made changes to it since you upgraded that aren't part of your 1password.com account's vault. To check, try to figure out about when you upgraded, then in 1Password 7 for Mac, switch to your Primary (standalone) vault, and set the sort order at the top of the item list column to Date Modified. This will show you any data you may have changed since the date you initially migrated. Check that against what's in the Personal or Private vault, and make any necessary changes. Once you're sure you've got a complete and up-to-date set of your data in your Personal (or Private) vault, you can click Preferences > Advanced and UN-check the box marked "Allow creation of vaults outside 1Password accounts." That will remove your older Primary vault and leave you with just your 1password.com account (which is what you want).

(and yes, you will no longer be syncing via Dropbox, because 1password.com accounts are synced through the 1password.com servers) :)

• sarahros
    sarahros
    Community Member
    Options

thanks very much, Lars.
    I only have a "personal" vault, so I assume the redundant Primary vault has already been removed, and I can safely delete the dropbox folder/file.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sarahros - ah, OK -- sorry I misunderstood you! In that case, yes -- you can certainly remove the Dropbox keychain, whether it's a .agilekeychain or .opvault file -- you will not need these any longer (presuming you've got a complete and up-to-date copy of your data in your 1Password account). Have a great weekend! :)

• sarahros
    sarahros
    Community Member
    Options

takk!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.