New to 1Password & family has two iPad 4 devices -- Out of luck?

Options
DesertDave
DesertDave
Community Member

Hi - I just signed up for the 30-day trial of 1Password. My family has Windows PCs, plus two (older model) iPad 4 devices on which Apple only supports up to iOS version 10.3.3.

Since we had not tried 1Password before now, we have no App Store purchase history entries to allow us to download and install an older version of the 1Password app onto these as-current-as-possible iPad 4 devices.

Is it therefore not possible for us to use 1Password on these older iPads?

Yes, I know there are risks involved with using older OS versions -- but depending on my options, I may bail from 1Password & try it again sometime in the future, after upgrading these iPad 4's -- which won't happen soon.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2018
    Options

@DesertDave: If you really have no way of "purchasing" 1Password 7, then no, you will not be able to install an older version. The App Store will not allow you to "purchase" an app which is incompatible with the device.

However, if you have any devices running iOS 12, or a computer with iTunes, you could "purchase" 1Password 7 there to get it in your Apple ID purchase history, which would allow you to install a compatible version on those devices:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201272#apps

This discussion has been closed.