In safari, clicking the toolbar extension the 1PW window flashes up and then disappears again...

The extension was gone from safari today when I logged in. Odd? I reinstalled and now I have this behaviour where the extension button doesn't keep the 1PW up. Any solutions? Also I may be going mad but can't find the password generator option any more... is it hiding in plain sight? thx

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: 7.2.2
OS Version: OSX 10.14.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @dakeeper,

The password generator should still be visible in both 1Password mini and available when editing a Login item by clicking the cog icon against the password field.

I'm not sure what the issue with 1Password mini in Safari is though. You use the word reinstalled in your description though and that stands out given you're running 1Password 7.2.2. The Safari extension is now part of the application bundle and it should automatically appear listed in Safari's extensions - there should be no installing ever. The one thing the newer Safari App Extension approach does require is that the extension is enabled as we're not allowed to enable it for the user, that control must remain only with the user as per Apple's requirements (or my understanding of them).

1. Is there only one 1Password extension showing in the Extensions tab of Safari's preferences and does it show as version 7.2.2?
    2. Is the 1Password button present in the Safari toolbar?
    3. Is 1Password mini appearing, if only briefly, when you click the button or is it the main window?
  • dakeeper
    dakeeper
    Community Member

thx on the generator! On the more serious point... yes to 1 and 2 above. On 3 the full application appears for a brief second. Not mini. And it doesnt stay. Unusable at present from the extension in Safari.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dakeeper,

By any chance do you have 1Password installed anywhere outside of the /Applications/ folder? If you do you will need to quit 1Password and move the application bundle. It almost sounds like behaviour I've seen in the past if 1Password is being run from the likes of ~/Applications/. Security checks and sandboxing in 1Password though mean 1Password must either reside in /Applications/ or subfolder of /Applications/.

If that isn't a possible reason can you try restarting your Mac just to see if the trouble is persistent or if it seems to be a weird blip.

If you're still having no joy at this point I'd like to review a diagnostic report if you don't mind. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@1password.com and can you mark it for the attention of me please.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you can post that ticket ID here it will help us locate your diagnostic report and we'll see what it reveals.

• dakeeper
    dakeeper
    Community Member

will try the restart. its in the Apps folder.

First the extension button disappeared today. Now this behaviour. I did install the extension from the link in the 1PW menu.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dakeeper,

So the extension disappearing is something that just shouldn't happen but so much about Safari App Extensions is like a black box that troubleshooting this is a challenge. Do keep us informed.

• dakeeper
    dakeeper
    Community Member

restarted. fixed. thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Excellent :smile: Hopefully things have remained running smoothly, if that should change at all please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.