Switching from Safari to Chrome

I am switching my default browser to Chrome from Safari. I have 1Password V3.9.20 for Safari. Wondering how to get 1Password going in Chrome and transfer my passwords over.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:safari to chrome

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Miffer: You're not going to be able to use any recent version of Chrome with 1Password 3. 1Password 3 was developed in 2009, and supports OS X Snow Leopard and Lion, and browser versions from years ago. It is not compatible with recent macOS releases. With Chrome specifically, Google has discontinued support for the old unsigned extensions, like 1Password 3 used. You can read more details in the announcement at the top of this forum category:

1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

1Password 7, one the other hand, fully supports macOS Sierra, High Sierra, and Mojave, along with the latest web browsers. You'll have a better experience there, so you may want to consider upgrading. You can get that and the latest version of all of the apps as part of a 1Password.com membership. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.