Autofill Failure - iOS 12, OWA website saved to Home Icons

grahamr
grahamr
Community Member

Is this bug reproducible? - Yes

Which devices did this bug appear on and is it reproducible on any devices and/or computers? iOS 12.0.1 devices (currently iPad and iPhone SE)

A quick summary of the bug:
When using password autofill on an OWA website using Safari it works as intended, logging in then coping the TOTP to the clipboard. If the OWA site is saved as a home screen icon autofill fails. 1Password UI begins to load, prompts for Touch ID then returns to the website

Detailed, step-by-step list on how to reproduce it:

• Open corporate OWA in Safari,
  • Save to Homescreen icon
  • Open home screen icon
  • Attempt to open 1password to pick password from the password autofill toolbar
  • 1password lock screen opens
  • 1password prompts for touchID
  • 1password exits back to web app
  • no chance to pick saved password, TOTP not copied to clipboard

iPhone SE and iPad running iOS 12.0.1 and 1Password 7.2.2 (70202003) (TestFlight)

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@grahamr: I'm not familiar with OWA. What's the URL? Are you able to reproduce this issue with other sites saved to the home screen? I'm not seeing that here. Ultimately iOS 12 Password Autofill behaviour is controlled solely by the system, but if we can narrow it down there may be a radar that needs to be filed with Apple.

• grahamr
    grahamr
    Community Member

OWA = outlook web access
    Let me retest and confirm on 12.1 and new builds before y’all work on this one.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good. Let me know what you find!

• davidkclark
    davidkclark
    Community Member

Just as another data point here. I am seeing the same thing with an app that I am developing. It is a pwa (progressive web app) that I am using the “save to home screen” feature. When you open it from the home screen, it suggests the password entry in the keyboard as usual, but when it asks for Touch ID verification (this is with LastPass that I am seeing this, not 1password) it does not respond to the touch on the fingerprint scanner.

It does seem like there is some kind of limit to the browsers access to the fingerprint scanner. Hopefully it is an os big that might get fixed. This post though is the first I’ve seen anyone describing the issue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for chiming in! I think I understand the issue on a basic level, but since I can't reproduce it myself I could certainly have been mistaken. Reading your description certainly gives another angle on what sounds to be the same issue.

This discussion has been closed.