How do I generate passwords in the iOS app?

Options
jasondunn
jasondunn
Community Member

I feel like I must be missing something, but where is the password generator in the iOS app?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Password generator

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jasondunn: You'll have the "Generate New Password" option under the Password field when creating a new Login, or editing an existing one:

Change your passwords and make them stronger

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• jasondunn
    jasondunn
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm. Thanks. That is much less convenient that what I can do on my desktop by simply generating a strong password without it being linked to a login. There are many scenarios where this is useful to me and I wouldn’t want it automatically attached to or updated on a login. It would be great to have the same stand alone password generator as the desktop!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jasondunn: I have to disagree. I find it much more convenient on iOS (which is a big deal for me to say, being an old dude who generally prefers to do stuff like this on a computer). Did you check out the video? What I'm talking about is at about the 1:00 mark. I've always got to save the password in a Login in 1Password anyway, so I generate the password there, save it, and then it's automatically copied to the clipboard so I can paste it where I need to. Certainly there may be other types of scenarios, but that's by far the most common and so it's the one we're going to design for. I'd be curious to know specific examples though, since I'm having trouble thinking of a case where I would want to generate an insane password I will never remember and then not save it in 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.