To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

New Phone - Authenticator App for 2F gone

Options
torstengrenz
torstengrenz
Community Member

Hi !

I got a new phone due to a battery damage and now I cant login anaymore into my account online. I am still on the web and in the ios app.

Thanks for your help !

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@torstengrenz: You'll need to use an authenticator on another device then, set it up using your account's TOTP secret or QR code, or disable it in the web interface in a browser that's already authorized.

• torstengrenz
    torstengrenz
    Community Member
    Options

I wrote that wrong. I m still logged in on the phone and the app on my pc. But I have no web browser that is authorized afaik. The QR Code on the Emergency does not work and I do not know where to find the TOTP secret ?

• torstengrenz
    torstengrenz
    Community Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

AND My Authenticator app that has backup functionality was not the one that I used for 1PW. I guess I need you guys to help me deattach the 2FA from my account so I can set it up new and WITH backup then ...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@torstengrenz: Thanks for clarifying. It sounds like you may have locked yourself out of your 1Password.com account by not having the authentication code then. Is that correct? If so, we may be able to help, but it can a number of days to do so, since there's a verification process and changes that need to be made to your account if everything checks out.

However, if you're part of a 1Password Teams/Business plan, another admin could help you recover your account, which could allow you to regain access:

https://support.1password.com/recovery

Otherwise, if you won't have access to the device where the authentication code is generated going forward, or any other devices you've already authorized with your 1Password.com account, we'll need you to answer some questions. I'll follow up with you via email.

ref: GWZ-82154-229

This discussion has been closed.