Password search extremely slow

Options
goldfilm
goldfilm
Community Member

It's happening since last week, every time I look for a password there's a "processing" wheel that I never saw before. Searches take 20-30 seconds to appear, and once clicked to reveal the password, another 20-30 secs.

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BearRepublic
    BearRepublic
    Community Member
    Options

I have this problem, too (and yes, it is literally 20 - 30 seconds). I think it's because the 1Password Personal vault is not local to the device, so it's taking a long time to search the server and then another long pause to open the data field once selected. I also noticed that sometimes when I select an item the logo that appears is for another login. The whole upgrade to 1Password7 has been a nightmare. I'd love to hear from one of the 1Password folks about how to solve this problem - is it possible to have a local version that will sync across devices using the 1Password server, or would it be better to go back to Dropbox?

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

I'm sorry to hear about the slowness with syncing.

The Personal vault is cached locally. You can see that this is true by turning on airplane mode and then unlocking 1Password -- you'll still have access to all of the 1Password data that was available last time you were connected to the internet. Searching does not rely on internet access.

Could each of you please check each of your devices and see if you have a vault called "Primary" within 1Password?

Please let me know.

Ben

• BearRepublic
    BearRepublic
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I have a Vault called Primary. Currently on my iPhone and iPad there are three vaults that show up: Under a heading with my name is a vault called Personal, and under the heading "On my iPhone" there is Primary and 1Password. Currently only the Personal Vault is selected for "Vaults Included in All Vaults".

• goldfilm
    goldfilm
    Community Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

Yes, Primary vault on iPhone, but not on Mac. Safe to delete?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2018
    Options

We recommend deleting the Primary vault after migrating your data to 1Password.com. If you're able to see all of your data when you log in at https://my.1password.com I'd highly recommend removing the Primary vault. I think that'll not only resolve this issue but also potentially prevent problems with the Master Password in the future.

Please let me know how you make out.

Ben

• BearRepublic
    BearRepublic
    Community Member
    Options

I can see my data in my1Password.com. On my iPhone when I go to delete the Primary vault it says at the bottom of the screen "You have several vaults outside of my 1Password accounts. They must be deleted before I can delete my Primary vault." Do you know where I can find these vaults to delete them?

• Ben
    Options

One solution that might be a little easier, as long as you're sure you see all of your data at https://my.1password.com, would be to delete and reinstall the 1Password for iOS app. That would remove any extranious vaults. Once you reinstall it you'd sign back in to your membership from the welcome screen.

Ben

• goldfilm
    goldfilm
    Community Member
    Options

Done and solved. Deleting the Primary on the phone made the app fast again.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @goldfilm. I'm glad to hear that helped.

Ben

• BearRepublic
    BearRepublic
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

I had similar success. I deleted 1Password and reinstalled on my iPhone and iPad and it works well now. Thanks for your help.

• Ben
    Options

That's great, @BearRepublic. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.