my iOS devices can't see my Primary Vault, only Personal. MacBook sees both. Sync seems set up.

Options
mgb
mgb
Community Member

All devices are up to date; using newest 1Password. Still can't access Primary vault on iPad or iPhone. Occasionally left "out of it" away from MacBook if a password is not in Personal vault. MacBook says I am syncing vault but I don't see it on iOS devices.

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Neither my iPad nor my iPhone can see my Primary Vault - only the Personal one.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mgb,

Would you mind explaining the purpose of the two vaults? We don't generally recommend having a "Primary" vault when using a 1Password membership. Doing so can cause problems with the Master Password. If two vaults are requred we'd recommend creating a new 1Password.com based vault, moving the items from the Primary vault to it, and then removing the Primary vault.

Ben

• mgb
    mgb
    Community Member
    Options

To answer your question, I did not knowingly ever set up separate vaults. I became aware of them only when I was stranded some time ago without a login & password I knew I had set up at home. Away from home with only the iPad, 1Password seemed to be denying that I had ever registered that password. Later I copied all the items from the Primary to the Personal to avoid future situations. Now I suspect I shouldn’t have the two, but your suggestion above sounds a little intimidating because I don’t want to mess up my data in the vaults, Be. Is there a step-by-step set of instructions I can access to reduce my fears about getting into that? :-/
    Marty

• Ben
    Options

@mgb

Here is what I'd recommend:

1. Make a backup of the Primary vault: 1Password backups
    2. Make sure you have a fresh copy of your Emergency Kit handy: Get to know your Emergency Kit | 1Password
    3. Uninstall 1Password from any iOS devices that still have the Primary vault
    4. Reinstall 1Password using this link: 1Password 7 for iOS - iTunes App Store
    5. Set up 1Password using the information from your Emergency Kit

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.