1Password app won't download on iPod 7

Options
1234jane
1234jane
Community Member

I just bought a new iPod 7 and transferred the data using iCloud. The only app that wouldn't download is my 1Password app. I tried syncing with Dropbox instead but it still won't download.

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS11.2.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1Password app won't load on new iPod 7

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@1234jane: I'm not sure what an "iPod 7" is, but you can use 1Password for iOS version 7.1.1 (version 7.2 or higher requires iOS 12) on iOS 11.2.6. You would, however, need to have "purchased" it already, and install it from your purchase history, as the App Store will not allow you to "purchase" an app that won't run on your device/iOS. You mentioned "1Password Version: 6.8.5", so I'm a bit confused. Do you have that installed already?

• 1234jane
    1234jane
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty,
    It's all working now! When I was searching the App store last night to figure out the problem I was having downloading the 1Password app on my new iPod Touch version 7, I couldn't find 1Password for iOS version 7.1.1 there. This morning it was available so I downloaded it and installed it from my previous purchase history as you said. In terms of 1Password Version: 6.8.5, I have that on my iMac. I updated it to 7.1.1 last night and didn't like the way it worked as much as the previous version so I threw it out and went back to using 6.8.5.
    Thanks for your help!
    Jane

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update. 1Password 6 is a legacy product now; it is no longer being updated. Using it as a temporary workaround is probably fine, but it should be considered a short term solution.

Ben

• 1234jane
    1234jane
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the above. I have run into a different problem now. When I opened my 1Password extension in my browser just now, it said my free trial had expired. I may have inadvertently signed up for a free trial in an attempt to get things to work.

I have downloaded the update but now I can't do anything. It won't fill, or autofill. All I get is a pop-up to sign-up for membership. I can see my passwords but that's it.

I don't need the extra features that come with membership - I bought the app several years and am happy with the limited features I get now. But now I seem to have lost any functionality.

Is it now necessary to buy a membership? It appears not to be but I can't find out how to proceed.

Thanks,
    Jane

• 1234jane
    1234jane
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ben.

When I open Advanced in Preferences,

Turn on “Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts”.

is greyed out.

• Ben
    Options

Is it checked and greyed out or unchecked and greyed out? If it is checked and greyed out you may already have a "Primary" vault. Please take a look at the All Vaults tab and see if you can confirm.

Ben

• 1234jane
    1234jane
    Community Member
    Options

I have a Primary vault already, so I'm not sure this route will help me.

I think I may have to start paying for 1Password. I bought it through the Mac App store in June 2015. I guess that means I don't have a licence or a membership. I'm wondering what my best route is now.

Apparently I can pay $89.99 for 1Password 6 but you say it's a legacy product so maybe there's no point in doing that. I see that I can pay $2.99 US a month but when I start clicking through that, it looks like I'm setting up a new account.

So....my questions are: what's the difference in cost between a licence and a membership; and how do I convert my App store 1Password to a paid version?

Thanks! If this is not a question for this forum, please let me know where I should send it.

Jane

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@1234jane: You're definitely in the right place! Indeed, I would not recommend purchasing the old version. And the fact that you're given that option indicates you hadn't bought it already. Fortunately, a 1Password.com membership includes the latest version of all of the apps, and all updates; you do not need to purchase anything, or manage sync settings. You can learn more here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

The alternative is purchasing each of the apps separately, for example 1Password for Mac, iOS, etc. You'd also need to sync your own data in that case. For example,

1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever

If you want to switch to a membership, just follow this guide to sign up, migrate your data, and setup all of your devices:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• 1234jane
    1234jane
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! I bought a subscription in the end and it’s working well.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome! Thanks for the update. We're here if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.