Help Required - MAC stand alone license owner looking to add Win 10 machine

edited November 2018 in Purchasing

I have been using 1Password on MAC for years and holds a stand alone MAC license along with iOS Pro Features on my iPhone. Now i am looking to setup 1Password on my Win 10 machine, so is there a way i can upgrade my existing MAC license to add another license for Win 10? And can it be synced to my existing account through dropbox etc on Win 10?

I cant seems to locate any specific info on such upgrade so any help would be highly appropriated.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: 7.2.2
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@xl_BlackHawk_lx: Yep! You can purchase a separate license for the Windows app. You can find pricing in the announcements detailing what's new:

1Password 7 for Windows: The Best Ever

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

Either way, let me know if you have any questions. :)

• Hi, I appreciate that you are trying to push people towards the subscription model, but is there any chance you could have clear pricing for standalone licences.

Its completely disingenuous to say standalone licences are available, then make it completely impossible to find on the website.

Also requiring separate purchased licences for Windows + Mac?? The cost of this software has increased considerably from when I bought it first in 2014. $30 to $100+ (although I can actually find the cost of a Windows standalone licence)

• Apologies, following the link above I eventually found the introductory price of $49.99 in the copy.

So yeah, the price of using 1 password across platforms has jumped from $30 to $100 - $130!

• vplewisvplewis Junior Member

@noelmcg Or you could buy a one year subscription with all updates and upgrades for every platform for half that amount. Your choice.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Indeed. :) We're happy to continue offering standalone licenses for those who want them but we do need to charge a sustainable price for them, and we're not going to advertise them.

Ben

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@noelmcg: I don't actually recall 1Password being for sale for 30$US. Perhaps that was before my time. If so, it wouldn't have been "across platforms", as it was Mac-only until 2010. And pricing for both the Mac and Windows versions was always substantially more. Like you, if we don't charge sustainable prices for our work, we'll be out of business. We're not going to let that happen, as that would mean bad news for not only us and our families, but also users who rightly expect ongoing development and support.

• noelmcgnoelmcg
    edited November 2018

@brenty I purchased 1password in 2014, Mac + Windows bundle $27.99 here
    It looks like it should have been $34.99, but I received a discount.

Fully appreciate that the software needs to be supported, 400% hike over 4 years sounds a bit extreme - but I'm sure you have crunched the numbers.

@Ben, cheers for your honesty on the matter, albeit if the practice feels somewhat underhand.

@vplewis, cheers yep, those are the options available. I'm not the first, or last, software user who prefers to purchase licences outright - as opposed to purchasing under a subscription model.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Thanks for the feedback. Likewise, you'd have to crunch the numbers and see what makes the most sense for you.

Ben

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@noelmcg: Any of the prices you've quoted would have been sale prices at the time. The desktop app has been 50+ since 2011 -- unless we're talking Euros or some other currency. Anyway, regardless, it sounds like you got a great deal! Glad to hear you've gotten so much mileage out of something we offered 4 years ago. Cheers! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.