I can't sign in on iOS app

Options
cwcauc
cwcauc
Community Member

I can't sign in on iOS app, but I use the same secret key and email and password, I can sign in on the web.
It always says check your secret key and email, but I'm sure I entered the right key.
thanks!

1Password Version: iOS the newest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• cwcauc
    cwcauc
    Community Member
    Options

:) :) :)

• Ben
    Options

Hi @cwcauc

Unfortunately you are not on the latest version of 1Password for iOS, as the latest version requires iOS 12. That would almost certainly be the problem here. Are you able to update to iOS 12 and thus 1Password 7? That would be the best solution here.

Thank you.

Ben

• cwcauc
    cwcauc
    Community Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

@Ben, ok now I know I didn't use the latest version, but I can sign in the other account on my phone which I don't want to use (this account doesn't has the free thanksgiving gift), so why is it?
    Thanks~ :p

• Ben
    Options

@cwcauc

Is the new account a 1Password Families account? Newly created 1Password Families accounts are not compatible with older versions of 1Password for iOS. There may be a workaround, but again the best solution would be to get up to iOS 12 & 1Password 7. Version 7 is included in your subscription, so there isn't any additional cost from 1Password to do so.

Ben

• John Galvin
    John Galvin
    Community Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

So, I have the same problem. I have an older iPad on 10.3.3 that can't be upgraded anymore. As a result, I have version 6.9.1 of the app and can't upgrade that either.

I have been using the standalone app successfully with my vault sync'ed via Dropbox. It's only after I moved to a family plan that this issue occurs.

Do I have any other options other than buy a new iPad.

It should have specified the requirements when I first signed up and I wouldn't have wasted all this time.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @John Galvin

The best solution and what we would recommend would be to run the latest version of both iOS and 1Password. As a security focused company we really can't recommend anything other than that. That said, there may be a workaround available. Please email us at support+forum@1password.com from the email address associated with your 1Password membership. When you email in you'll get a support ID back from BitBot. Please post that ID here.

Ben

• John Galvin
    John Galvin
    Community Member
    Options

I would run the latest version of iOS but Apple doesn't support it on this iPad - it only supports up to 10.3.3.

[#KMS-15659-967]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@John Galvin: Unfortunately that's not something we can fix for you. I have some suggestions, but ultimately you may need help from Apple since iOS and the App Store are owned and operated solely by them.

First, the App Store will allow installation of the newest compatible version from the Apple ID purchase history. So make sure you're using using the correct Apple ID -- the one originally used for the purchase -- and grab it there:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201272#apps

It will still show as the latest version, but when you attempt to install it from the purchase history on a device that is running an older OS, it will show you a message telling you so and give you the option to download the previous version instead.

Otherwise, if you had not purchased a version of 1Password since 2012 or so, you'll need to do so using another device running iOS 12 or in iTunes a computer. That will get it in the purchase history, and then what I mentioned above will work. Apple just will not let you initially "purchase" an app on a device that is not compatible.

This discussion has been closed.