Strange Bug when starting 1Password [Password AutoFill offers credentials in Master Password field]

Options
knth
knth
Community Member
edited November 2018 in iOS

I added a password a month or so ago. Then I started seeing this (see screenshot) when I opened 1Password (iOS). I deleted the log-in and I am still seeing this. I contacted support and was told this is not a bug and is normal behavior.

First of all, it isn't normal. Secondly, if this isn't a bug, what is it?

1Password Version: 7.2.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.1.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @knth

We didn't say that it wasn't a bug. Here is what we said:

If you're saying that the QuickType bar offering your login for 1Password while unlocking 1Password, we're aware of that but there is no way to fix it as far as I am aware. Password AutoFill uses Associated Domains to map an app to a URL, which matches the URL present in 1Password's item. So it shows it. We can't say "don't show Password AutoFill suggestions for our app" and still gain the benefits of Associated Domains.

That said, that QuickType suggestion doesn't appear to be the result of a login saved in 1Password. In fact we stopped providing Password AutoFill with credentials for 1Password.com in a previous update, so unless the Password AutoFill cache is stale (possible) it almost certainly is coming from somewhere other than 1Password. Here's what I'd recommend:

1. Check what data providers you have enabled for Password AutoFill. You can check this in the Settings app under Passwords and Accounts > AutoFill Passwords. To avoid confusion only 1Password should be enabled.
    2. If only 1Password is enabled above then it is likely that the Password AutoFill cache is stale. Please try turning off Password AutoFill entirely and then re-enable it.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• knth
    knth
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

That didn't work. But, there is no associated domain. The app was deleted. So there is no auto fill for that domain either. I still don't understand why it would be showing up when I am opening up the 1Password app. Just to be clear, I am opening the 1Password app itself. I am not using it to fill in a password. Just to edit something in the app. I understand there is a way in the beta to clear the cache. How is that done?

• Ben
    Options

But, there is no associated domain. The app was deleted.

I'm not sure I follow. 1Password does have an associated domain ("1password.com"). What app was deleted?

Please post a screenshot of the Passwords and Accounts > AutoFill Passwords screen in the Settings app.

I understand there is a way in the beta to clear the cache. How is that done?

I mentioned that above:

"If only 1Password is enabled above then it is likely that the Password AutoFill cache is stale. Please try turning off Password AutoFill entirely and then re-enable it."

So there is no auto fill for that domain either. I still don't understand why it would be showing up when I am opening up the 1Password app. Just to be clear, I am opening the 1Password app itself. I am not using it to fill in a password. Just to edit something in the app.

The portion circled in red is the iOS 12 Password AutoFill feature -- specifically the QuickType portion of that feature. It will appear in most password fields (even 1Password's Master Password field) on iOS.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.