To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

my information is gone

Options
Nancy058
Nancy058
Community Member

I clicked on the 1password app and it was asking me to sign up as if I did not have an account. I try to retrieve account information and all the emails i have does not work. It's like it doesnt recognize anything associated with anything i type in. I have emails from Dave Teare regarding when I first signed on even that email is not recognized. Someone please help me retrieve my information.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:my account information is gone

Comments

• Nancy058
    Nancy058
    Community Member
    Options

I clicked on the 1password app and it was asking me to sign up as if I did not have an account. I try to retrieve account information and all the emails i have does not work. It's like it doesnt recognize anything associated with anything i type in. I have emails from Dave Teare regarding when I first signed on even that email is not recognized. Someone please help me retrieve my information.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

You don't give any information, such as when you bought 1PW, where from, what version, etc, so there's little help anyone can give at the moment.

I'll just point out one possible point of confusion. If you bought a stand-alone licence (the only thing available until a couple of years ago) then you do NOT have an account. Accounts are part of the newer subscription model. If you have actually subscribed, it should be easy enough to get you back working.

If you had a licence for version6, then a licence for version 7 is an extra charge (or you can by a subscription) but you could continue using version 6.

My guess is that you bought a licence, but are tryng to set up 1PW in the subscription mode. But that is only a guess. More information, please.

• Hey @Nancy058, as @danco mentioned, it does sound like you may have purchased a standalone license instead of signing up for a 1Password membership. We can definitely help figure things out and see if we can get your data back. The best way to figure this out is with a diagnostics report. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from each of your devices:

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can link it up to this discussion.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID. Please post that ID here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.