Hello, my account is frozen even though I have a license and secret key.

I am wiping my computer clean today (mac) and re-installing my OS. I need to ensure that I can still use 1PW even though my account is frozen. Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Hello, my account is froen even though I have a liecnse

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@tracer: A 1Password.com account will be frozen without an active membership subscription. You'll still be able to access any data there, but it will be "read only". You listed "iCloud" as the "Sync Type" though, so I wonder if there's some confusion about that. You can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from another device or create a new vault if you prefer that. If you'll let me know what you're trying to do I'll be happy to help.

• Hi Brenty, I'm not totally sure I understand. When you say my data will be 'read-only', do you mean that I can't continue to generate and save new passwords? I now have 1pw syncing on my mac and my phone with my original license. I just need to ensure that when I wipe my mac clean and reinstall 1pw, that I will still have access to everything and can continue to generate new passwords. Thanks.

• MeekMeek

Team Member

Hey Tracer, No, read-only means that you'd be able to access all your passwords, but you wouldn't be able to save new ones. We can definitely look into your account, but since we'll need to discus account details, we'll need to continue over email. Could you send us an email to [email protected]? Please include a link to this forum thread, and reply here with your Support ID that you'll receive in an automated email. That'll help us connect the dots.

This discussion has been closed.