To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

cannot contact server for license activation problem 1 password 3

edipokten
edipokten
Community Member

Hello I have an 1 password 3 account and i was using 1password 3 for a long time. But i need to reinstall my computer and when i download the version 1Password-1.0.9.342 it says "cannot contact server for license activation" it doesn't connect to server and check my licence information. I tried to turn off firewall but it didn't work.

Could you please show me a way to fix it?

Thank you

1Password Version: 1.0.9.342
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@edipokten: If you purchased 1Password 3, you do not have an "account". 1Password.com membership accounts were introduced a few short years ago; 1Password 3 was made nearly a decade before that. We've also made changes to our update servers in the intervening years, which is why that old version cannot communicate with it. And, ultimately, the old version won't work with current OS and browser releases anyway. So it would be best to upgrade. If you'll shoot us an email at support@1password.com and post the Support ID you receive here, we can also help you with getting that sorted.

• edipokten
    edipokten
    Community Member

Thank you for your fast reply :)

i mean not account ,i have 1 password 3 for mac and pc licence.

I just emailed you

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Found it. I'll get back to you via email shortly. :)

ref: ELG-91372-479

This discussion has been closed.