beta 7.2.3-Beta-2 refuses to unlock

codefriar
codefriar
Community Member

Upgraded when prompted earlier this afternoon. Ever since it restarted 1password after the upgrade, I've been unable to unlock my vault. I know the 1password is correct, however It's not unlocking the vault. Either through the browser extension (Vivaldi, Chrome, Safari) OR through the main 1Password.app mac app.

1Password Version: 7.2.3-Beta2
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14
Sync Type: iPassword Family Account

Comments

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

Hi @codefriar

We've changed no code around this as far as I can tell between beta 1 and 2. Can you full quit the app (option click on the icon in the menu bar and click Quit Completely). Then restart. Any improvement?

I would also be curious if restarting your computer fixes it. I've seen weird behavior like this in the past where a restart magically fixed whatever weird situation was causing this to happen, leading me to believe it wasn't actually a 1Password issue but something gunked up in the system.

• codefriar
    codefriar
    Community Member

Quitting the app completely had no affect. Restarting my computer did fix it however

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

@codefriar

Thanks for the results of those steps. Yea, I'm not sure what could've caused that at this point. A colleague suggested that it might be you had accidentally changed keyboard sources? Not sure if that's possible in your case. The math behind certain keys is really could impact this. It's why we suggest and enforce in a lot of ways to only use ASCII characters for the Master Password.

It could be related to the system libraries we use for encryption as well though so it's tough to say. We'll keep an eye on this one though.

This discussion has been closed.