Feature Request: Search on all fields

I believe at the moment the search only matches against the item's name and url. Often I'll want to search by username or even have "alias" items for the different names things go for.
I'd also include that this needs to be improved on when viewing vaults in the browser too. The Windows app does this perfectly.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @cpmcgrath
    Thanks for reaching out and sharing this feedback! Are you referring to searching for an item by username from within the 1Password X popup? I just tested by altering some test usernames so they differ from the title of the Login item and was able to successfully search by username in 1Password X. However, I poked around and found what you mentioned to be true when searching from within 1Password for Mac mini. Let me know if that's what you're referring to. :)

• cpmcgrath
    cpmcgrath
    Community Member

Hi,
    This mainly happens on Secure Notes. Basically I just want search to match against all data in the item

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for clarifying. Hopefully we'll be able to add full text search capabilities in a future version of 1Password X. :)

If, however, you're using 1Password or Mac, you can set it to search all fields by clicking the "magnifying glass" next to search. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.