Not succeeding to synchronise properly between Mac account and iOS account

Options
bridgebuilder
bridgebuilder
Community Member

I've been a very longstanding user of 1Password on Mac and my iOS devices but I've realised that the synchronisation is no longer working properly between the 2 platforms. I've tried following all the Help Page instructions but to no avail. Somewhere along the line I'm missing something or not understanding. I really need personal help, ideally talking or chatting with someone who can walk me through the process and help me understand where I've gone wrong. Thanks

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.14.1
Sync Type: iCloud and Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:syncronisation

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @bridgebuilder! I'm sorry to hear about the syncing difficulties you're experiencing. Unfortunately, we don't offer any kind of telephone or "live" chat support for 1Password. Setting up 3rd party sync with either Dropbox or iCloud are advanced options (especially if you're using both in combination, as it sounded like you said you're doing?), and are best undertaken by folks who are confident about making it work and troubleshooting it if it doesn't. I'd certainly suggest our troubleshooting pages for both iCloud sync and Dropbox sync, but without putting too fine a point on it, I'd direct your attention to the box in yellow at the top of each of those pages. It reads, in part,

Dropbox is complex and depends on many factors, including your network environment and software configuration. This article is a collection of common solutions for syncing problems.

And it also notes that we’re unable to troubleshoot issues with Dropbox beyond the scope of this article as a result. Even if we did do some kind of one-on-one telephone support, due to the fact that we can't troubleshoot Dropbox's software or your own local network/software configuration, we just don't have the resources to try individually troubleshooting each person's advanced sync setup. We know it works in a standard setup, but we can't account for alterations, customizations, hardware limitations, network setups/choices and a host of other factors -- not to mention which, you would be aware of those things much more than we would.

If you're finding yourself frustrated with advanced sync methods and are looking for a stable, modern sync setup that we control all aspects of and are thus able and willing to troubleshoot if necessary, I'd recommend a a 1password.com account. To borrow from Steve Jobs, it "just works." No fiddling around with 3rd party software or APIs, nothing to tweak or patch or adjust - just sign into your 1password.com account in 1Password on any device you want to use it on, and that's it: your data are available (nearly) immediately.

This discussion has been closed.