To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

secret key setup

Options
molliesmith
molliesmith
Community Member

Hi, I've had 1password for years. I am trying to set up the app on a new ipad but, need the secret key. I've tried everything but, don't have any luck. Can you please help? I have the account on and open on my computer however, when I go to preferences, accounts, it says I have to add the account, which requires the key code...ugg
1Password
Version 6.8.8 (688001)
Mac App Store

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @molliesmith, I'm sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you don't have a 1Password membership account, instead you're using the standalone 1Password app on your Mac. That is perfectly fine, but it means you won't be able to "sign in" to an account.

The best way to sync your data over to your new iPad is to sign up for a 1Password membership - all the apps on ever platform are included in the subscription. You can learn more about it here:
    https://support.1password.com/explore/membership/

If you do decide that you'd like to switch to a membership, we have a guide for migrating your existing data here:
    https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

Let me know if you have any questions!

• molliesmith
    molliesmith
    Community Member
    Options

I think I do have the subscription. I'd really like to speak with someone by phone.

• rob
    Options

Hi, @molliesmith.

If you'd like, we can take a look at some diagnostics from your computer and discuss that over email. When you get a chance, create a diagnostics report from the computer where you're using 1Password. This guide explains how to create the report:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com. You'll then receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID.  Post that ID here so I can find your email quickly. :)

This discussion has been closed.