license not activating across macbook pros

imccamey
imccamey
Community Member

I purchased/downloaded 1Password from AgileBits website and have held a license since at least 2014. I have upgraded throughout the years and am currently running 6.8.9 on two Mac Book Pro machines (1 personal machine and 1 work machine). Up until two weeks ago, when I upgraded my personal machine to Mojave, I had no problems with this setup. But as soon as I upgraded to Mojave, my work machine now says that my license has expired. I then upgraded my work machine to Mojave but the message is still showing and I'm not sure where to find the license file to validate my work machine.

Side note: My memory may be incorrect on this, but don't recall ever having to add a license file. All that was required was syncing to the 1Password keychain which I have on dropbox which is sync'd across machines. Has this procedure changed? Asking because I'm wondering/hoping if a simple re-download of 6.8.9 might do the trick. Also wondering if I should upgrade to 7.0 on both machines to solve the problem.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2018

Welcome to the forum, @imccamey! I'm sorry for the difficulties. 1Password for Mac has always required a license file to use in standalone mode. There used to be (in version 6 and earlier) a 30-day free trial of the standalone version, but that's changed in 1Password 7 for Mac.

In 1Password 7 for Mac, we switched to a new FastSpring store for our licensing, and retired the older AgileBits store. As a result, legacy license files are no longer available for download, but there are a few different ways to get up and running with 1Password. To set up 1Password on a new computer, try finding your license:

• Check the Software Licenses category in 1Password.
    • If you have your license on another Mac, copy it to the new one: https://support.1password.com/cs/find-license/ (you can also try the search outlined in those instructions on your current Mac as well).

Are you certain you purchased from us and not the Mac App Store? If you bought from the Mac App Store, you should be able to see that purchase in the Purchased section of your account in the Mac App Store -- don't go to the main page, as that will only give you 1Password 7 for Mac and it won't show you any previous purchases you may have made. Let me know what you discover.

• imccamey
    imccamey
    Community Member

Thank you. I had someone from sales help me out by providing a license file.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@imccamey - great! Glad we were able to assist.

This discussion has been closed.