1PW 7 not compatibel with OSX 10.11?

RoadRunner1963
RoadRunner1963
Community Member

Hello,
I already had a version 7 on my Mac with OSX 10.11 installed and running! However now after new installation I get message that with OSX 10.11 not compatible.
Please no suggestion regarding OSX system update !! The only important thing is that browser extension works for Safari again.
Have now interim 1PW version 6 installed but would like to use again as before verse 7. License available!
Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @RoadRunner1963

1Password 7 requires macOS 10.12.6:

System requirements for 1Password

Reverting to 1Password 6 may perhaps be a reasonable short term workaround, but it should not be considered a long term solution. 1Password 6 is no longer being developed. As a security focused company the only course of action we can recommend is staying up to date with all of your software -- especially 1Password, your OS, and your web browser.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• RoadRunner1963
    RoadRunner1963
    Community Member

please!!!! ..." already had a version 7 on my Mac with OSX 10.11 installed and running!!!!!!!!!!!

• RoadRunner1963
    RoadRunner1963
    Community Member

... and how to install Safari extension?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@RoadRunner1963 - I'm truly sorry -- and more than a little surprised, since what you're describing is literally not possible, to the best of our knowledge. Attempting to install 1Password 7 for Mac in the normal way onto OS X 10.11 (“El Capitan") will simply fail, and there's no way around that, to my knowledge. This isn't something for which "please" will help; it's not that we're trying to keep something from you, it's that El Capitan lacks the support needed to run 1Password 7 for Mac, so we can't help. Version 6 will run quite well on El Capitan, and even on Yosemite, but not version 7.

• RoadRunner1963
    RoadRunner1963
    Community Member

Hello Lars!

I want to tell you that I completely understand your situation as you have described to me. Also, I would like to express my special thanks for your time, which is connected with the discussion and employment of my request.
    This is not self-evident.

I was mistaken in thinking that in the course of the regular updates, I came from verse 6 to 7. Later I had to rebuild my Mac and then it was not possible for me to come back to the version I believed 7.

I was just confused that I came to "Download 1Password for Mac" on the top of your page when clicking on the "Install Browser Extensions" menu. Checked later that there is a separate link for the Safari browser extension below...

Thanks again, I wish you all the best for your projects and good luck,
    best regards,

Michael

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@RoadRunner1963 - you're quite welcome! But, are we done? Do you have everything installed that you need (and working correctly)?

This discussion has been closed.