The username and password are not filled in on www.thelocal.de

On Chrome, with 1Password 7 Version 7.2.2 (70202006), my username and password are not filled in on the login popup. Can you help?

1Password Version: 7.22
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OSX 10.14.1
Sync Type: n/a
Referrer: forum-search:thelocal.de

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @faszikam,

Does your Login item have one or two website fields? As you kindly supplied the URL I took a look. A freshly saved Login item for me only stored https://www.thelocal.de which on the surface would appear fine. When I look at the page though I notice the sign-in page is in an iframe and actually comes from a completely different location, specifically https://id.tinypass.com/. So there's a bug where 1Password didn't save the additional (and necessary) domain and when you go to fill 1Password will match, because it has https://www.thelocal.de but we only fill into iframes if we match there as well. If you don't have a second website field can you add one please and see if you find things work better.

• faszikam
    faszikam
    Community Member

I added the tinypass.com web address, and it works fine. Thanks. How did you see that the sign-in page comes from there?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @faszikam,

Lots of bitter experience :tongue: Being slightly more serious, if you or I just look at the page there's no way to know if an iframe is being used, that's how they're designed to work, to be invisible to the user. It is something I check for though if the expected behaviour isn't what we're seeing. In Chrome developer tools are always available and the easiest way to find something is to right click on one of the fields and select the Inspect contextual menu option. What Chrome will do is show you the part of the DOM (Document Object Model) that describes the field and from there you can look at each layer and see if there is an iframe present. Possibly not the easiest thing to describe so maybe a screenshot will better show what I mean.

Here you can see part of the DOM on the right where the element that describes the email field is highlighted in both the DOM and Chrome has highlighted it on the page as well. All of this is nested within an iframe which is the element at the top. There's more, I just scrolled to try and help focus the screenshot and make locating the iframe part easier.

I definitely don't expect everybody to do this or want to know about it at all but you were curious and the very least I can do is try to offer a (hopefully) detailed explanation,

• faszikam
    faszikam
    Community Member

Thanks. I had looked here actually, under the Inspect tab. But didn't find what I was looking for. Nice of you to explain, as well as find the solution...

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Glad I could help :smile: If you come across any other tricky sites do let us know.

This discussion has been closed.