How to generate passwords on Android?

iamharshkumar97
iamharshkumar97
Community Member
edited December 2018 in Android

Some apps are made by removed by AgileBits developers(govt apps) that are not properly coded. While changing passwords in these apps 1Password does not automatically generate new password.
Currently I am doing this:
Creating a new blank login. Copying that password and then changing it in app and 1Password and then deleting that old login.

Is there a better way?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @iamharshkumar97. As we want these forums to be suitable for everyone, I've edited your post to remove the offensive language. I get what you mean, but we want these forums to be a friendly place for everyone.

That said, we don't currently have a way to generate a password from the filling interface, I'm sorry to say. There are a couple of options for changing your password, though. If the app supports split screen, you could launch 1Password and the app in split screen mode, create a new Password item in 1Password to generate the password, then drag it into the new password field of your app or site. Otherwise, you could also just copy and paste the new password, which is described here: https://support.1password.com/change-website-password/?android

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have more questions. Thanks and have a great day!

• iamharshkumar97
    iamharshkumar97
    Community Member

@peri Sorry about that. I had to manually change passwords for around 10 apps so I was a bit angry.

Is this something that I can request for? As you can see the current method is quite wonky.

• No worries at all, @iamharshkumar97! You can indeed request this, and I'll share this with our development team to look into. For now, if you're using 1Password on a Mac or PC, I recommend changing your passwords there. The browser extension on Mac and Windows makes it easy to change and update passwords. :)

• iamharshkumar97
    iamharshkumar97
    Community Member

@peri Thank you.

• No problem! Let us know if you need anything else, @iamharshkumar97.

This discussion has been closed.