Updated and password no longer working?

bill1774
bill1774
Community Member

I recently updated my 1Password vault on Android after being told to do so for several weeks. I've been using my fingerprint (on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) to unlock 1Password, and I use my password to unlock my vault on my Macbook. After I updated the vault on Android, my password that I was using to unlock the vault on my Macbook does not work.

Furthermore, when I have subsequently tried to sync my vault on my Macbook to Dropbox, it asks me to locate the vault on Dropbox. When I specify my vault, it asks me to merge the two vaults (since the one on Android is technically newer), but when I'm prompted to enter the vault password for this second vault, it does not work (even though the two should be the same).

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6, Android 8.0
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @bill1774. Can you let me know exactly what version of 1Password you're using on Android? Also, have you changed your 1Password Master Password at any point from the Android device? If so, are you able to unlock 1Password with the old Master Password?

• bill1774
    bill1774
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

Hi Peri, I'm using 1password 7.0.6 on Android. I have only changed my master password on the desktop version. I don't remember what my past master password was, unfortunately. My current master password works fine on the desktop version, for what it's worth...

• Thanks @bill1774. I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/99056/updated-and-password-no-longer-working#latest
    • Your forum username: bill1774

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• bill1774
    bill1774
    Community Member

Thanks peri, but the instructions for the diagnostics report say that I have to unlock 1password to access the settings and send diagnostics, and I can't unlock 1password because of the issue I mentioned. Is there a way to send Android diagnostics for 1password without unlocking the app?

• peri
    edited December 2018

Can you send the report from your Mac, @bill1774? Don't worry about Android for now. Also, in Dropbox, do you see the following folders:
    1Password.agilekeychain
    1Password.legacyagilekeychain
    1Password.opvault

• bill1774
    bill1774
    Community Member

Hi - I see .opvault and .legacyagilekeychain, but no .agilekeychain. My Support ID number is MLN-65343-143.

• Thanks! I'll take a look and get back to you shortly!

This discussion has been closed.