Can I see both team and family vaults on toolbar

I have a team account and personal account, how do I access both sets of vaults easily. currently I can only see family vault when I go to tool bar ext

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can I see both team and family vaults on toolbar

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@joe_bon: You can sign into multiple accounts in the app:

https://support.1password.com/add-account/

If you'll let me know the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, I can be more specific. :)

• joe_bon
    joe_bon
    Community Member

@brenty Thankyou mate, appreciate it. I think Ive got it sussed. My laptop and my phone are now all on the same page... shouldnt it sync with my desktop though. That one is not showing both sets of vaults. When I go into work tomorrow I'll look up the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions I'm on.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@joe_bon: Sure thing! And thanks for getting back to me. As long as you have all of your data in the account, you just need to make sure that you have the same setup on all of your devices -- signed into that same 1Password account, no extra local vaults -- and you should be in good shape. Let me know how it goes. :)

• joe_bon
    joe_bon
    Community Member

Okay, I'm still having issues. Is there a support line I can call, I think I need to be talked through this, its taking to long backwards and forwards.
    I can only see my family account on this laptop in browser extension I can't see my team vaults

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@joe_bon: We don't have a call center, and, frankly, this isn't something I can "talk you through". I really have very little to go on at this point, since you still haven't given me any of the information I requested, last week, in my first reply, which you omitted from your original post, so I really couldn't even imagine what to tell you. But thanks for the screenshot! Now at least I know you're using 1Password X. ;)

From the brief description you've given though, it sounds like you either still need to sign into your "team" account in 1Password X, or you have unlocked only your "family" account. 1Password X will unlock any account(s) based on the Master Password you enter; so you'd need to unlock it using the Master Password of the "team" account to access that data.

Anyway, This will give you a good overview of how to use 1Password X:

Get to know 1Password X

And if you have any specific questions, be sure to let me know what you're using, what you're trying to do, and the steps you're taking when you get stuck. I'm sure I can help. :)

• joe_bon
    joe_bon
    Community Member

Hi

Sorry not the most tec savvy of people, hence love a bit of handholding. 1st picture are vaults I can see on desktop toolbar (just family) 2nd is my laptop (Both family and teams) . I want them both to look like laptop so i can access both family and teams. Not sure how to do it

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@joe_bon: Indeed, based on your screenshot of 1Password X in your browser, the same thing I said above still applies:

From the brief description you've given though, it sounds like you either still need to sign into your "team" account in 1Password X, or you have unlocked only your "family" account. 1Password X will unlock any account(s) based on the Master Password you enter; so you'd need to unlock it using the Master Password of the "team" account to access that data.

Put another way, if you have both accounts setup in 1Password X, and you want them to both unlock together, you'll need to have the same Master Password set for both accounts. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• joe_bon
    joe_bon
    Community Member

Thanks @brenty But why is one computer seeing both sets of vaults and the other (1st screenshot) isn't?

• joe_bon
    joe_bon
    Community Member

ON the second one this laptop I can see both (2nd screenshot)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

But why is one computer seeing both sets of vaults and the other (1st screenshot) isn't? ON the second one this laptop I can see both (2nd screenshot)

@joe_bon: It's got nothing to do with the computer. 1Password or Mac works the same way anywhere you use it: it unlocks using the Master Password of the first vault/account you have setup there.

On the other hand, 1Password X only works with 1Password accounts, not local vaults, and therefore unlocks any account(s) based on the Master Password you've entered. If you enter the Master Password for "Sydney Bon's", that's what will be unlocked; if you enter the Master Password for "Joe's Basecamp", that will be unlocked. When you signed up for both accounts, you were told to use your existing Master Password. You certainly don't have to, but if you did, they'd both unlock the way you seem to expect in 1Password X.

• joe_bon
    joe_bon
    Community Member

Sorry mate. I'm still confused do I have different 1passwords on each computer 1passowrd for mac and 1password x?
    Can you give me a step by step guide, maybe some screenshots showing me how to set up, this computer (my desktop) so I can see both like I can on my laptop.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@joe_bon: I really can't give you screenshots of my 1Password account. Sorry. And it's difficult for me to know the exact steps you need to take without knowing the steps you've already taken to set things up, or how you have them setup exactly.

But based on what you've told me already, it really sounds like only one step may be necessary: change your Master Password on one account so it's the same as the other. You can do that on your account's Profile page:

https://start.1password.com/profile

Then, once both account's use the same Master Password, entering it in 1Password X will unlock both. Let me know if that helps. :)

• joe_bon
    joe_bon
    Community Member

@brenty Haha! Thank you! You must have thought "Who is this guy?" and banged your head against the desk for the umpteenth time! I'm really sorry if that was as slow and as painful as pulling hen's teeth... but thank you, you got me there :) You are a patient man.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@joe_bon: No, not at all! Having multiple Master Passwords is, admittedly, pretty confusing, so we always recommend using a single long, strong Master Password. Some people need or want to use different ones for specific reasons though, so we don't want to disallow it (and I don't think that we could, technically). I'm sorry it was not more intuitive, and more than happy to take them time to help you get things setup so it works the way you want. Seriously, if you have questions about anything else, just let us know. We're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.