Version 3.8.22 not working on Mojave

Comments

• anotheralex
    anotheralex
    Community Member

I've having a similar issue. I'm running an old version of 1Password (Version 3.8.22 (build 32010)). Since updating to Mojave (Version 10.14.1 (18B75); MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2014)), I can't get past the Unlock page. As soon as I put my password in, the program crashes.

• anotheralex
    anotheralex
    Community Member

I'm having a similar problem. I don't care about the browser integration and until upgrading to Mojave the app has worked perfectly on all recent versions of macOS.

If I upgrade to a paid membership, how can I export all my passwords and get them into the new version? I have hundreds of passwords in there.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@anotheralex: Good news: you won't have to "export" anything. That can be a bit messy. While current versions of 1Password do not use the AgileKeychain vault format like others do, if you setup the app without any data you can go to File > Import > 1Password Keychain to migrate your existing data into your new vault. Just install the new version, and you can sign up right within the app and do all of that in just a few minutes:

https://1password.com/downloads/

Cheers!: )

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@anotheralex: I've merged your other post here so we're not trying to have the same conversation in multiple places at once. Please reply here if you have any questions. Posting the same thing in multiple places just slows down response times for everyone -- including you.

• anotheralex
    anotheralex
    Community Member

Is there any chance of this version working again or is this now a legacy product with no support?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@anotheralex: 1Password 3 is not compatible with macOS Mojave. It has not been in active development since 2012 and it will not receive further updates. It is supported on OS X Snow Leopard and Lion. It will work there.

• anotheralex
    anotheralex
    Community Member

I've signed up and have it on my desktop now. What should I do with the mobile app? Right now it has all my old passwords and when I add my new account it duplicates all my passwords. What should I do to ensure that I don't accidentally delete a vault?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@anotheralex: The only way it will "duplicate" anything is if you migrate the same data to your account twice. If you instead sign into your account and remove the Primary vault, you will then have only the data in your account there:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Do that on all your devices, and you'll have the same setup everywhere -- easy. :)

• anotheralex
    anotheralex
    Community Member

Thanks, that appears to have worked.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! Thanks for the update. It sounds like you should be good to go, but we're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.