Constant "Welcome To 1Password 7" popup when using the Chrome extension

Every time I try to fill a login form using the Chrome extension, I'm shown a "Welcome To 1Password 7" popup prompting me to sign up for a account. The popup appears to be cancelling the form fill request. I manage my own sync and aren't interested in the 1Password service; how do I get this popup to stop displaying?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@ehogberg The 1Password X extension for Chrome requires a 1Password.com subscription to work. You can use the regular Chrome ext. if you don't want a subscription.hth

• ehogberg
    ehogberg
    Community Member

Thanks for the pointer. I'm using the "desktop app required" version, 4.7.3.90, though. Thoughts?

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@ehogberg What OS? What version of 1Password have you paid for? V7 requires a new license purchase or a subscription. You can also revert to version 6 if you want to. hth

• ehogberg
    ehogberg
    Community Member

MacOS, version 7.2.2, App Store.

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@ehogberg The App Store version is the issue. It can only be used with a subscription. You'll want to delete it completely and download the version from AgileBits. However, there is a license upgrade price for version 7. Or you can go back to the most recent version you've paid for.

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

First of all, thanks @vplewis for the help. :)

Hi @ehogberg!

As @vplewis mentioned, in order to use 1Password 7, you need to have a 1Password account or a standalone 1Password 7 license.

Depending on what you'd like to do, you can:

1. Continue using the previous version of 1Password, if you have a license for it. You can download it from here, under the Legacy Versions section.
    2. Subscribe for a 1Password account.
    3. Purchase a Standalone version of 1Password 7. If you'd like to do that, download 1Password 7 from here, and then follow the instructions within the app.

If you get stuck at any point, send us an email at https://support.1password.com/contact/ and we'll do our best to help. Please mention this thread when you write in. :)

This discussion has been closed.