Beta 7.2.3 Beta-0 1Password can't verify the identity of your web browser (Chrome)

BobH
BobH
Community Member

Did the update during start-up. On-screen box appeared. Closed and reopened Chrome, Box never went away

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BobH
    BobH
    Community Member

Restarted Mac & all seems OK

• You quit Chrome, then hit the OK button, then launched Chrome?

• signe
    signe
    Community Member

This appears after each install/upgrade of 7.2.3-BETA.

You're unable to dismiss the dialog because immediately after it closes it reopens (infinitely). I had to close Chrome, Firefox, and Wavebox before the dialog would successfully dismiss. This occurred upon upgrade to BETA-0 and to BETA-1 (just now).

A single acknowledgement should be remembered.

• @signe,

We'll be changing the presentation logic here in a future beta, but the cause of it is still going to necessitate relaunching Chrome.

• Foz
    Foz
    Community Member

+1 for this issue, currently running 7.2.3.BETA-4 (70203004).

The dialog box appeared and will regenerate immediately upon dismissal, and will also sometimes forcefully keep focus, meaning every second the box will take focus from any other application I attempt to use, disrupting button clicks and keyboard entry. Restarting Chrome or otherwise fiddling with the dialog can stop this behaviour, but the dialog will remain on-screen and in always-on-top mode, for as long as the computer remains operational and no amount of process killing seems to be able to remove it.

Restarting Chrome does not clear the box - the behaviour above continues even when I have closed every other application open on the computer. Only rebooting the computer has been able to clear the dialog, which was removed for around a day before reappearing this morning. As I run processes that cannot be paused for a reboot and will lose progress should they be cancelled, this now means I have to suffer this dialog on-screen for a few days until I am able to find a 'safe place' to stop what I am working on and reboot the machine.

As this is the first reboot and re-appearance, I cannot say if it will happen repeatedly after reboot, but I'll have to assume so until I have the opportunity to reboot again and confirm or disprove.

• robchandhok
    robchandhok
    Community Member

Also experiencing this using Version 7.2.3.BETA-4 (70203004). Usually coming out of a long sleep. Hopefully "changing presentation logic" means "no longer grabbing focus as fast as possible in an infinite loop" :-)

• mikeormerod
    mikeormerod
    Community Member

Yep I have the same issue. I quit Chrome but it still appears, which means I don't get autofill on pages in Safari as the dialog box won't disappear!!!

• Hi everyone. We just published beta 6 that should resolve this problem for you. Let me know if you still see trouble from here on out.

This discussion has been closed.