1Password account + YubiKey: Possible to save TOTP into a slot on the key?

Options
VirtualWolf
VirtualWolf
Community Member

I have the new YubiKey 5 NFC, and the AuthLite NFC app allows for reading from the YubiKey's first or second slot via NFC. I've set the first slot on the YubiKey up with Duo, and would love to have the second one save the TOTP code for my 1Password account so I'm not required to use a computer with Yubico Authenticator on it to get the code if I need to. Unfortunately, I can't make heads or tails of how to translate the information in your documentation for using Yubico Authenticator into something that can be used with the Yubico Personalisation Tool, either via the Quick mode:

Or Advanced mode:

Is this actually something that's possible to do? And if so, any pointers? :chuffed:

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @VirtualWolf

I don't believe the YubiKey has the ability to do TOTP via NFC. The screenshots you posted are for configuring OATH, not TOTP. 1Password accounts use the latter. TOTP is handled by the Yubico Authenticator app, not the Personalization Tool.

I hope that helps! :)

Ben

• VirtualWolf
    VirtualWolf
    Community Member
    Options

Ahh, bummer! I think my mind saw the "OTP" bit and assumed they were related, haha. Cheers for the help. :chuffed:

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.