1Password for Windows 7.3.612 Beta does not auto-update to 7.3.619 Beta

XIII
XIII
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

1Password for Windows 7.3.612 Beta does not auto-update to 7.3.619 Beta, says "Your app is up to date".

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @XIII,

Thanks for reporting this.

Are you on the beta update channel? Do you see the Beta tag on the titlebar?

If you uninstall 1Password and install the beta build directly, it is not going to switch you to the beta channel, it'll remain on the default channel until you explicitly change it.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

If you uninstall 1Password and install the beta build directly, it is not going to switch you to the beta channel, it'll remain on the default channel until you explicitly change it.

Ah, my expectation was wrong...

(I did a manual install of the Beta, but I'm probably not on the beta channel - will check tonight)

• @XIII we release beta build and after some time, when we are confident enough, we promote same binary to be designated as stable. That way we are protected from any build environment mistakes and can be sure that we can not introduce any new code in stable compared to beta.

You brought up a valid point though, when someone downloads and runs beta, they should be switched to beta channel automatically. We'll see what needs to be done to enable that. Thank you!

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member

Yes, please switch to Beta channel or ask for it when doing a manual install. Would be great. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/479904/#Comment_479904

• Yep, we'll get to it when we can.

This discussion has been closed.